Content is key to a successful marketing strategy. I find myself struggling every day in producing engaging content that people actually want to read.
Clients I work for often ask me what engaging content actually is. Write about things that you are passionate about. Chances are that you create original content that people are genuinely interested in. There are a few guidelines you have to follow in an effort to create what Google considers high-quality content.
Steps and guidelines that help you write engaging content
digitalmarketingphilippines.com has put together this great infographic with 6 steps and basic guidelines to help you write engaging content.
- First, focus on current trends – People just love trends and the following trends are simply within their human nature.
- Write stories that appeal to readers’ emotions – People love to read heart touching stories it actually helps them to remember what you’ve written about.
- Drive engagement with visual elements – We all love visual elements, that’s why infographics are so popular.
- Support your content with facts and links – Misleading content and fake news is socially unacceptable in my opinion. Try to support a claim with facts links.
- Diversify your types of content – Try to diversify your content and create various types of engaging content that your readers are interested in.
- Finally, give them something to take away – Offer your readers a content takeaway, for example, an eBook, white paper, or presentation.
Thus, do research, look for trends, and find out what topics people are already responding to.
Creating engaging content is not enough
Creating engaging content is not enough. You have to market your content! For example, when you have created the perfect content your next challenge is reaching out to your audience. The folks at SEO National have put together a great infographic with 25 effective tips for content marketing.
Content Marketing and Social Media work together
9 great social media tips from the pros. The folks at revampcrm.com created this great infographic giving you some great marketing tips from the pros. Talking social media I also have to share this must-read with you; How to Create a Social Media Marketing Content Plan in 7 Steps.