Excited for a wine tasting event? Don’t forget about the rules inside the tasting room. Follow this wine tasting etiquette:
1. Avoid wearing fragrance – Strong perfumes may overshadow the aroma of wine.
2. Don’t get drunk. – This is not a party. As much as possible, stay sober.
3. Don’t boast your wine knowledge. – Nobody loves a know-all.
4. Prepare for tasting fee. – After or before you taste a wine, pay accordingly.
5. Don’t haggle – This is not a car deal. Avoid asking too much extra deals.
6. Be open minded – Drop any pre-conceived notion. Try something new. Taste the wine you haven’t tasted.
7. If you’re not into wine industry, don’t pretend – Don’t pretend just to receive discounts and special treatment. What if they found out who you really are?
8. Or if you are in the wine industry, act like one – You may be entitled with a special treatment, but if the winery is busy, understand that you may not receive special treatment. Why not do something to help fellow win